Parental supervision needed. Very easy to make and delicious!
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting (optional- I like them with chocolate frosting)
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, banana, and vanilla, beating until blended.
Stir together flour, soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in morsels.
Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into pans, filling cups two-thirds full.
Bake at 350° for 17 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks. Spread with frosting, if desired.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
Thanks to Anya for this recipe.