This fun paper mache bat can be hung from the ceiling for a great Halloween decoration.
- Paper Mache Paste
- Balloons (any size)
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Make Paper Mache Paste.
- Cut newspaper or newsprint into 2" wide strips.
Blow up balloons (as many as you like) and tie off. Attach string to tied end of balloon.
- Once paper mache paste is cool, dip individual strips of newsprint into paste.
- Apply strips to balloon one at a time. Repeat process until balloon is completely covered. The more layers the firmer your finished work will be.
- Hang balloon by string in warm, dry area for at least 24 hours or until completely dry. Be sure to us a drip cloth to protect area.
- **if you are making pumpkins - take a 1-2" piece of a paper towel or toilet paper roll. Hold on top of balloon and attach with newspaper strips to form stalk for pumpkin.
Once paper mached balloon is dry: