You'll need an adult for this project.
- Empty Soda Can
- Sharp knife (adults only)
- Small votive candle
- Screw hook
- Picture wire
- Draw two lines around the can, one 1-inch from top, the other 1-inch from bottom. With the sharp knife cut straight lines from the top line to the bottom line about 1/2-inch apart.
- Wearing gloves, gently pull out the cut strips. You may use the pencil to help bend out the strips. Pushing down on the top and up from the bottom may help give the a Chinese-lantern type shape.
- Cut one of the strips at the bottom to insert the candle, then tuck strip back inside. Candle may be held in place with a bit of melted wax under the candle.
- Loop the picture wire through the pull tab at the top of the can. Attach it to the screw hook and hang in an appropriate place. These are very attractive, but please be careful not to place them where Trick-or-treaters may bang into them.
> Return to > Halloween Crafts
> Return to > Halloween Headquarters
> Submit > A Halloween Craft Idea - Email