Life-Like Flying Bats
They flap, they spin, they look like a flock of REAL bats flying around your ceiling!
Iíve tried several different versions but this is the only pattern that would make the bats look like they were really flying.
- Black construction paper (or card stock)
- Thread & needle
- Print out pattern. Small | Medium | Large
- Fold construction paper
- Lay pattern on fold and cut out your bat.
- Fold wings back (at line) to the outside of the bat to form an M.
- Thread needle with a single layer of thread (24-26 inches), then insert thread through bat at the fold.
- Bring ends of thread together and tie into a knot.
- Turn off ceiling fan (Caution: wait until fan completely stops!).
- Tape end of thread to the end of the ceiling fan blade.
- Turn fan on LOWEST setting and watch your bats fly!
This Halloween Craft idea and images submitted by Donna Dick - thanks!
> Return to > Halloween Crafts
> Return to > Halloween Headquarters
> Submit > A Halloween Craft Idea - Email