Make Devilishly Good Halloween Recipes
Halloween parties are a great time for cooking, food and fun. The following Halloween recipes means there’s no need to head for the microwave when you can easily make these fantastic Halloween goodies. Parental supervision required.
- 3 cups or 12 oz of sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8 oz container of chive and onion cream cheese that has been softened
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 24 whole wheat or pumpernickel bread slices. Substitute pumpkin bread if you dare.
Yields 24 sandwiches.
- Stir together Cheddar, cream cheese, pimentos and pecans.
- With a 3 or 4” bat-shaped cookie cutter cut two bats from each slice of bread.
- Spread mixture over 24 bats evenly and top each with the remaining 24 bat slices.
- 1 lb. white chocolate
- 1 pkg. Nutter Butter Peanut Bars
- 1 pkg. mini chocolate chips
Yield depends upon the quantity of cookies in the bag.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in the top of a double boiler.
- Dip each cookie into chocolate to cover thoroughly
- Place covered cookie gently onto waxed paper until chocolate is cool and set.
- Create eyes with mini chocolate chips.
Fresh Eyeball Appetizer
- 2 Gal orange juice, any style.
- 1 liter club soda
- 4-5 drops of green food coloring
- 1 latex surgical glove (really)
- 1 large package multi-color gummi worms
At least one day before the party:
One hour before party:
- Fill latex glove with water and works.
- Tie open end off with a rubber band and place the glove in the freezer overnight.
Yields about 38 cups
- Pour orange juice into punch bowel and add food coloring drop by drop until desired disgusting color is obtained.
- Slowly add club soda
- Take the latex glove from the freezer and slide it off of the frozen water/worms concoction that’s inside.
- Add the frozen hand-shaped, worm-ridden ice cube to the punch bowl and let it float.
- 6 medium size eggs
- 6 oz softened whipped cream cheese
- 12 Pimento-stuffed Green Olives
- Your choice of red hot sauce, ketchup, or red food coloring
Yields 12 eyeballs
- Hard boil, cool and peel the eggs
- Cut each egg in widthwise. Remove and discard yolk
- Place an olive, pimento-side up, into each cavity and surround with cream cheese.
- Dip the tip of a tooth pick into what ever red substance you choose and draw red blood vessels into the cream cheese.
There’s lot more treats that you can make. All you need is a little bit of time and some imagination.
Article submitted by and copyright © to Halloween-Blog.com. Republished with permission.
- 6 large golden delicious apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 gummi worms
Yields 6 apples
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Mix raisins and pecans together in a bowl
- Core apples from bottom end.
- Stuff apple with raisin and pecan mixture
- Place apples in a lightly buttered baking dish with stem side up
- In a saucepan mix brown sugar, water, butter, cinnamon & nutmeg
- Cook over high heat stirring constantly mixture comes to a boil
- Carefully pour mixture around apples
- Bake uncovered for approx 30 to 35 minutes or until skins start to crack and apples are tender when pierced with a toothpick. Baste occasionally with syrup mixture while cooking.
- Remove apples from oven and let cool to room temperature
- Place each apple into a small bowl and spoon syrup mixture around each one.
- Cut a small hole near the top of each apple and poke in one end of the gummi worm. Let most of the worm hand out of the apple.