'Tis The Season to be Jolly with SIRIUS XM Radio's Five Channels of Commercial-Free Holiday Music
NEW YORK, Nov. 11, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced its extensive holiday music lineup featuring five commercial-free specialty channels celebrating the most festive time of year.
SIRIUS XM's holiday music channels will showcase traditional holiday songs, classical Christmas carols, Hanukkah music, country Christmas classics and contemporary seasonal music. The special holiday programming will feature holiday music favorites recorded by artists from all genres. The various channels will offer listeners the perfect soundtrack for the holiday season.
SIRIUS XM Radio holiday channel lineup features:
SIRIUS XM's commercial-free holiday channels will also be available on SIRIUS Internet Radio, XM Radio Online and through the SIRIUS XM App for the Apple iPhone, iPod touch and several BlackBerry and Android-powered smartphone devices.
- Holiday Traditions (SIRIUS channel 4 and XM channel 4) will feature traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s by artists such as Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Ray Conniff and Nat "King" Cole.
Monday, November 15- Saturday, January 1
- Holly (SIRIUS channel 3 and XM channel 23) will feature contemporary holiday music as well as traditional favorites, including songs by John Mayer, Colbie Caillat, Josh Groban, Mariah Carey and Michael Buble.
Monday, November 15- Friday, December 31
- Radio Hanukkah (SIRIUS channel 76 and XM channel 28) will feature an extensive collection of Hanukkah music, including contemporary, traditional and children's Hanukkah selections. Hasidic reggae musician Matisyahu will present nightly blessings and share personal stories and memories about past Hanukkahs.
Wednesday, December 1- Thursday, December 9
- Holiday Pops (SIRIUS channel 79 and XM channel 77) will feature classical Christmas carols sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, Boston Pops and Leontyne Price.
Wednesday, December 1- Saturday, December 25
- Country Christmas (SIRIUS channel 62 and XM channel 10) will feature a wide-ranging assortment of country Christmas music, including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood and Kenny Rogers.
Friday, December 10- Saturday, December 25
For more information about additional holiday programming, please visit www.sirius.com or www.xmradio.com
Holiday News | Christmas Corner | Toy News
About SIRIUS XM Radio
SIRIUS XM is America's satellite radio company, broadcasting more than 130 channels of commercial-free music, and premier sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather, and data services to more than 19.5 million subscribers in cars, trucks, boats and aircraft, and through a wide range of mobile devices.
SIRIUS XM offers an array of content from some of the biggest names in entertainment, including professional sports leagues, major colleges, and national news and talk providers. SIRIUS XM programming is also available at sirius.com and xmradio.com, and on Apple iPhone and iPod touch, BlackBerry and Android-powered mobile devices using the SIRIUS XM Premium Online App.
SIRIUS XM has arrangements with every major automaker and its radio products are available at retail locations nationwide, as well as shop.sirius.com and shop.xmradio.com.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, the combined company's plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of SIRIUS XM's management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of SIRIUS and XM. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statement: our dependence upon automakers and other third parties, the substantial indebtedness of SIRIUS and XM; the useful life of our satellites; and our competitive position versus other forms of audio and video entertainment. Additional factors that could cause SIRIUS' and XM's results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in SIRIUS' Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009 and its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ending June 30, 2010 and XM's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009 and its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ending June 30, 2010, which are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and SIRIUS and XM disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
SOURCE SIRIUS XM