BURBANK, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- May 23, 2006 On June 6, 2006, Walt Disney Records releases the highly anticipated "Disney/Pixar Cars Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" featuring all-new, original music performed by superstars Sheryl Crow, James Taylor and Brad Paisley and new recordings of road classics by multi-platinum artists Rascal Flatts and John Mayer. Academy Award(R)- and Grammy(R)-winning composer Randy Newman penned the original song "Our Town" in addition to composing the film score.
"Disney/Pixar Cars Original Motion Picture" - after taking moviegoers magically into the realm of toys, bugs, monsters, fish and superheroes, the masterful storytellers and technical wizards at Pixar Animation Studios ("The Incredibles," "Finding Nemo," "Monsters, Inc.") and Academy Award winning director John Lasseter ("Toy Story," "Toy Story 2," and "A Bugs Life") hit the road with a fast-paced comedy adventure set inside the world of cars.
Lightning McQueen (voiced by Owen Wilson), a hotshot rookie race car driven to succeed, discovers that life is about the journey, not the finish line, when he finds himself unexpectedly detoured in the sleepy Route 66 town of Radiator Springs. On route across the country to the big Piston Cup Championship in California to compete against two seasoned pros, McQueen gets to know the town's offbeat characters - including Sally (a snazzy 2002 Porsche, voiced by Bonnie Hunt), Doc Hudson (a 1951 Hudson Hornet with a mysterious past, voiced by Paul Newman), and Mater (a rusty but trusty tow truck voiced by Larry The Cable Guy) - who help him realize that there are more important things than trophies, fame and sponsorship.
The all-star vocal cast also includes free wheeling performances by racing legend Richard Petty and Cheech Marin. Fueled with plenty of humor, action, heartfelt drama, and amazing new technical feats, "Cars" is a high octane delight for moviegoers of all ages. Disney/Pixar's "Cars" opens in theatres nationwide June 9, 2006.
"Disney/Pixar Cars Soundtrack" Track List:
1. "Real Gone" - Performed by Sheryl Crow (written by Sheryl Crow
and John Shanks)
The "Cars Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" will be available June 6, 2006, for a suggested retail price of $18.98 wherever music is sold. All Buena Vista Records and Walt Disney Records audio products also can be ordered by visiting http://DisneyRecords.com.
2. "Route 66" - Performed by Chuck Berry
3. "Life Is a Highway" - Performed by Rascal Flatts
4. "Behind the Clouds" - Written and performed by Brad Paisley
5. "Our Town" - Performed by James Taylor (written by Randy Newman)
6. "Sh-Boom" - Performed by The Chords
7. "Route 66" - Performed by John Mayer
8. "Find Yourself" - Written and performed by Brad Paisley
9. "Opening Race" - Score by Randy Newman
10. "McQueen's Lost" - Score by Randy Newman
11. "My Heart Would Know" - Performed by Hank Williams
12. "Bessie" - Score by Randy Newman
13. "Dirt Is Different" - Score by Randy Newman
14. "New Road" - Score by Randy Newman
15. "Tractor Tipping" - Score by Randy Newman
16. "McQueen and Sally" - Score by Randy Newman
17. "Goodbye" - Score by Randy Newman
18. "Pre-Race Pageantry" - Score by Randy Newman
19. "The Piston Cup" - Score by Randy Newman
20. "The Big Race" - Score by Randy Newman