Let's Go Camping!
Summer is here! It's time to pack up the tent and head into the woods for a fun weekend of camping.
Whether you go for a week or weekend with your family, or head out on your own, the first thing you need to remember is safety when camping.
You can learn more about camping and what you might need to take with you at one of these sites online.
- Always tell someone what your plans are, where you are going, what time you will be back and who you will be with.
- Never go alone. It's safer to have someone with you, and more fun.
- Make sure you have everything you need BEFORE you head out. Make a list of all your supplies and check off your list as you pack up.
- Know basic first aid and carry a first aid kit with you.
- Know the area you are camping in and how to get back home!
- If you are not sure about your camping abilities take an adult with you, never go out into the woods without knowing the area, the wildlife you might encounter and the rules and regulations for camping in that area.
You can't go camping without having S'mores! Here's the basic S'more recipe:
Roast a marshmallow over a campfire. Be careful NOT to burn it! Take one graham cracker and put 1 square of chocolate on it. Put your roasted marshmallow on top of that. You can add another chocolate square if you like, and top with another graham cracker. There you go! You'll surely want s'more.
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Candy Bar [one with squares]
- Large Marshmallows