Bandai America Premieres an All-New Ben 10™ Lineup at Toy Fair 2008
The Popular Kid Hero Returns with a New Cast of Aliens, a More Powerful Omnitrix and Unique Role Play Toys from New Television Series, Ben 10: Alien Force
(NEW YORK, NY – FEBRUARY 17, 2008) – Prepare yourself for an all new alien invasion as Bandai America Inc., a leader in the boy’s action figure category, premieres its latest lineup inspired by Cartoon Network’s hit show for boys 6-11, Ben 10™. Featuring a more powerful Omnitrix, never before seen aliens and vehicles, fans now have more ways than ever to become their favorite hero, Ben Tennyson.
Ben Tennyson finds himself facing new alien adventures in 2008 as Cartoon Network unveils the next generation of the television series this Spring with Ben 10: Alien Force, which begins the next chapter in the Ben 10 saga five years later. Fifteen-year-old Ben Tennyson chooses to once again put on the Omnitrix and discovers that it has reconfigured his DNA and can now transform him into 10 brand new aliens. Joined by his super-powered cousin Gwen Tennyson and his equally powerful former enemy Kevin Levin, Ben is on a mission to find his missing Grandpa Max. In order to save his Grandpa, Ben must defeat the evil DNALIENS, a powerful alien race intent on destroying the galaxy, starting with planet Earth. Ben will join forces with other young heroes to save the galaxy and his Grandpa Max, while passing along his knowledge to a whole new generation. The animated series will premiere with a special one-hour episode on Cartoon Network in Spring 2008.
"Inspired by the Ben 10: Alien Force series, our toy lineup reflects the excitement of an all new season with new characters and vehicles that engage fans through truly unique play patterns," said Colleen Sherfey, senior director of marketing, Bandai America Inc. "We have new 4” alien collections, an even more powerful Omnitrix toy, and the never before seen Alien Creation Chamber, which enables kids to mix and match alien parts and create all new characters.”
"Since its inception, the success of the Ben 10 toy line has been driven by strong characters, collectability and an engaging play pattern," said Christina Miller, vice president of consumer products, CNE. "With its new characters and fresh story line, Ben 10: Alien Force will deliver all new opportunities for us to extend the line in to additional categories.”
A testament to its success, Ben 10 is one of the top 10 action figure brands, according to market information company The NPD Group (based on dollar volume in the Action Figures & Accessories Supercategory). The brand’s Omnitrix role-play toy has repeatedly made Toy Book’s “Hottest Toys at Retail” list (based on the magazine’s survey of retailers and wholesale distributors).
Launching in August, Bandai America’s new Ben 10 Fall 2008 collection captures the excitement of a redesigned series and new alien adventures with key products including:
Fans of Bandai America’s lineup should check out the unique micro site for the brand at Bandai.com/Ben10. The site features a behind-the-scenes look at the inspiration for the toys, exclusive interviews with the show’s director and producer, alien character biographies, downloads and games.
- 4” COLLECTIBLE ALIEN FIGURES – Featuring the most popular Ben 10 characters, the alien figures come with a unique translucent mini-figure that projects the alien’s silhouette and unlocks new alien light and sounds when used with the all new Ultimate Omnitrix. The Ben Tennyson figure now comes with a cool hover board. Each alien figure also includes a collectible card that reveals fun facts about the alien and its home planet.
- DNALIEN HEROES – With some of the most unique offerings of any action figure in the boys’ category today, each DNA Alien Heroes figure features its own personal battle feature that can be used in the fight against evil aliens. Kids can add planetary powder to Swampfire and watch as he oozes goo from his arm. Press a trigger to transform Humungosaur into fighting mode - his arms lift up and his mouth opens as he flexes his muscles. Kids can even flip Chromastone upside down and watch as his ultraviolet fluid fades away in light – just like on the show!
- METAMORFIGURES – Offering 2 toys in 1, kids can transform these large scale Metamorfigures from aliens into completely new toys. The new Humungosaur figure transforms into an orb launcher, while Jetray can be launched into the air as a glider.
- ALIEN CREATION CHAMBER – With endless combinations, kids can discover all new aliens with the Alien Creation Chamber. This set allows kids to place five different alien parts inside the chamber, and with the twist of a knob, creates their own personal never before seen alien creations. Each set includes 4 - 3” figures as well as alien recipe cards to create new alien combinations. The set also include a special key to unlock each alien separately. Additional 3” figure booster packs are sold separately in sets of 2. As an added bonus, kids can use their Alien Chamber as a carrying case and use it to showcase all of their new alien creations to their friends.
- KEVIN’S ACTION CRUISER – Just like Kevin’s cool green muscle car in the show, the Action Cruiser is more than just a car – it’s a new way for Ben and the team to fight evil.
Loaded with many unique features, kids can transform the vehicle into battle mode and fend
off evil aliens with the equipped weapons, or tap into cruiser’s lab and create planetary
powder with the included capsules. Kevin’s Cruiser can be played with other 4” collectible
alien figures, and even comes with an exclusive Kevin figure.
- ULTIMATE OMNITRIX – The Omnitrix is back and more powerful than ever before! Kids can tackle all new alien adventures with the Ultimate Omnitrix, just like the one Ben wears on the show. Kids can unleash new aliens and unlock light effects and alien voices using the included mini-figure. Collect additional translucent figures from the 4” collectible alien figure sets (sold separately) and use them with the Ultimate Omnitrix to reveal even more special light and sound effects.
- OMNITRIX ILLUMINATOR – Just like Ben on the show, kids can project an alien’s image from the Omnitrix Illuminator. Place the animation disks on the face of the Omnitrix, and with the press of a button, kids will know what aliens are contained in the mysterious Omnitrix by projecting images of aliens and their home environments.
Bandai America’s toy line rounds out a robust Ben 10 consumer products program from a wide array of partners, which includes games and puzzles, apparel, footwear, accessories, home furnishings, back-to-school items and publishing.
Find us on Facebook - Add your comments about this story.
Check out the Kids' Turn Central Holiday Shopping for Kids Guide to purchase the hottest toys for kids.
Hot Toys 2008 | Toy Stores Online | Toy Manufacturers | Christmas Corner
About Bandai America Inc.
A leader in introducing Japanese toy trends to the United States, Bandai America Incorporated is
a subsidiary of NAMCO BANDAI Holdings (USA) Inc., an entity that resulted from the
integration of Namco Ltd. and Bandai Co. Ltd. of Japan. Global interests encompass six
strategic business units: toys and hobby (toys, models, apparel and sundries), amusement
facilities, game content (home and arcade console gaming), network (mobile phone and PC
content), visual and music content (including home entertainment), and an affiliated business
group. Bandai America is the manufacturer and master toy licensee of some of the most popular
brands in children’s toys and entertainment today, including Power Rangers, Ben 10™, Dragon
Ball Z®, Digimon, BLUE DRAGON™ and Tamagotchi®. The company is headquartered in
Cypress, California and information is available at www.Bandai.com.
About Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.