The Sing-a-ma-jigs!™ - Simply Irresistible Kooky Characters Sing and Harmonize
One of the Most Anticipated Toys of the Year Hits Toys"R"Us Store Shelves
Mattel Projections Already Doubled to Keep Up With Demand
NEW YORK, Jun 03, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The Sing-a-ma-jigs!™ characters from Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) are here! One of the most talked-about toys from February's American International Toy Fair, these irresistible, quirky, unique plush characters, are set to sing their way into the hearts of kids of all ages. With their innovative harmonizing tones and off-beat appeal, the kooky quartet is already creating a commotion at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com.
With toy industry insiders raving, and at a manufacturer suggested retail price of only $12.99, the characters are expected to fly off store shelves. Preliminary reviews are in:
- "The Sing-a-ma-jigs! define the perfect novelty toy. Their look is irresistible; their squeaky voices and singing are ridiculously infectious, and neither kids nor adults can put these down once they start playing with them. And, when you get two or more of The Sing-a-ma-jigs! together, they sing in harmony, which is even more hysterical. These inspired items put innocent, irrepressible fun in the hands of anyone who gets their hands on them - and I expect many will this holiday season." - Chris Byrne, content director for TimetoPlayMag.com, also known as The Toy Guy®
- "The Sing-a-ma-jigs! will be the 'got-to-have-it' toy of 2010. These products are sure to get people giggling and laughing together, and what could be more fun for families?" - Reyne Rice, toy trend expert
- "The Sing-a-ma-jigs! will be the IT toy of the holiday season. When a really fun and innovative toy comes along, we get excited...I'm happy to report that these cute little dolls are just about the best thing going." - Stephanie Oppenheim, co-founder toyportfolio.com
- "Not only were we wowed by the chipmunk-esque pipes of The Sing-a-ma-jigs!, we loved their little teeth and kid-friendly songs. In short: these things are just plain adorable." - Holidash.com
Now available on the shelves of Toys"R"Us stores across the country and online at Toysrus.com, Mattel has already doubled production in an attempt to keep up with expected demand. "With their tiny teeth and their fun, harmonic voices, The Sing-a-ma-jigs! are simply irresistible," says Gina Sirard, Mattel Vice President of Marketing. "We're trying to do our best to ensure that product will be available from now and throughout the holiday season."
"The first time we saw The Sing-a-ma-jigs! and heard them harmonize, we knew that they would capture the hearts and imaginations of our young customers," said Karen Dodge, Senior Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer, Toys"R"Us, Inc. "There is no better place to launch the newest product lines than Toys"R"Us, and we're excited to be the first retailer in the world to offer The Sing-a-ma-jigs! to kids and kids at heart."
The Sing-a-ma-jigs! are free-spirited, offbeat plush characters that set off unexpected laughter and excitement with each squeeze of their tummies. When The Sing-a-ma-jigs! sing, their little mouths open wide for each note, showing off their cute little teeth, creating a look and sound that is truly engaging. Each character features three modes of play: first they chatter; then they each sing their own song; and when kids put them all together and squeeze their tummies one more time, they erupt into a harmonic chorus like none heard before. As their motto says, "They Love Singing Together," and when they do, they sing together in perfect harmony each and every time. Each character is featured in a different color and sings its own song, which includes:
Additional characters, each with their own specific color and song, will follow throughout the year for a total of 12 available just in time for the holiday season.
- "Where Oh Where has My Little Dog Gone" (Red)
- "Skip to My Loo" (Pink)
- "When the Saints Go Marching In" (Teal)
- "Home on the Range" (Yellow)
For more information on The Sing-a-ma-jigs! go to www.thesingamajigs.com.
News | Toy News
About Mattel, Inc.
Mattel, Inc., (NASDAQ: MAT, www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco R/C®, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2010, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the third year in a row, and was ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Mattel also is recognized among the "World's Most Ethical Companies." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 27,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are "Creating the Future of Play." All Rights Reserved.
SOURCE: Mattel, Inc.