Disney Releases "Most Wanted" Holiday Gift List|
Already Topping Major Industry Holiday Lists & Winning Awards, Disney's Prime Picks Inspire Role-Play, Developmental Activities & Internet-Connected Play
GLENDALE, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Oct 22, 2008 Disney is ringing in the holidays with a dazzling selection of award-winning toys and electronics that are topping hot industry holiday lists and already generating a buzz with retailers, toy experts and parents alike. Disney’s holiday toys and electronics are available at a variety of retailers nationwide, Disney Store locations throughout the U.S., and DisneyShopping.com.
Disney’s “Most Wanted” list features imaginative toys, gadgets, robots and media players inspired by the hottest in kids and tween entertainment: from the highly anticipated High School Musical 3: Senior Year film releasing in theaters this Friday to the sensational Hannah Montana™ TV series on Disney Channel; from Disney’s wondrous virtual worlds Pixie Hollow (www.PixieHollow.com) and Club Penguin (www.ClubPenguin.com) to the colorful and engaging Playhouse Disney TV series for preschoolers; and from Disney’s latest DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ releases Tinker Bell and Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition to Disney·Pixar favorites Cars and WALL·E.
Disney’s gift list delivers magical playtime for all ages with items recognized by such industry hot lists as FamilyFun magazine’s “Toys Of The Year”, Parents magazine’s “Top Toys of 2008,” The “16 Most Wanted” and “Editor’s Picks” from TimeToPlayMag.com, the Toy Insider’s “Hot 20,” Toy Wishes magazine’s “Hot Dozen” and “All Stars,” and the prestigious Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Awards.
For parents looking for something truly unique, Disney Store offers a distinct selection of items available only at its more than 200 locations nationwide. The following list includes items available at mass retailers nationwide and items available exclusive to Disney Store.
Disney’s “Most Wanted” Holiday gift list:
FOR TWEENS & KIDS:
Only At Disney Store & DisneyShopping.com:
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year Singing Dolls Gabriella, Troy and Sharpay come alive, with microphones that play signature songs from the movie. Kids can sing and dance along for karaoke-style fun. As they take turns singing along, the doll picks up the song where the singer leaves off. Featured in TimeToPlayMag.com’s “Editor’s Picks.” SRP $26.99, ages 8+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Kmart, Target, , Wal-Mart and other retailers.
- The stunning Hannah Montana Holiday Doll is adorned in glamorous holiday apparel, including a gorgeous silver faux fur-lined coat, bright red sweater and chunky silver belt; she sings “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.” Doll comes with a beautiful holiday ornament in a keepsake box. SRP $34.99, ages 8+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Kmart, Target, and other retailers.
- Disney’s Mix Line of Digital Media Players have been refreshed with all-new features and capabilities. The Disney Mix Stick Plus is a sleek, portable digital audio/MP3 player now featuring a larger color display that is interactive and showcases full album art. The Disney Mix Max Plus is Disney's most versatile media player, with both audio and video capabilities. It features a larger 2.8-inch color display with higher QVGA resolution. Both media players are available in fun styles from Disney properties, including Jonas Brothers, High School Musical 3: Senior Year and Hannah Montana. Parents can download content, including favorite Disney Channel TV shows, at www.disneymixcentral.com. SRP $69.99 and $99.99 respectively, available at DisneyShopping.com, Target, , Wal-Mart and other retailers.
- Hannah Montana Wireless Drumsticks let kids and tweens discover their inner pop star with ready to rock outside the box wireless drumsticks. Equipped with two wireless drumsticks, volume control and realistic drum effects, all kids need is air space! SRP $39.50.
- Camp Rock Electronic Drum Set and Camp Rock Keyboard are perfect for aspiring rock stars. The drum set comes complete with five drum pads, two drumsticks and carrying handle to take your show on the road. The keyboard has multiple sound effects and five different musical instruments and even comes with a stand to rock out! SRP $39.50 and SRP $69.50, respectively.
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year Wardrobe Dolls Gabriella & Sharpay come with three additional High School Musical 3: Senior Year inspired outfits for graduation and the prom. Each comes in a fashionable re-usable box for storage of clothing. SRP $29.50 each.
- Clickables™ Fairy Collections topped Parents magazine’s “Best Toys of 2008,” TimeToPlayMag.com’s “16 Most Wanted,” The Toy Insider’s “Hot 20 Toys,” and Toy Wishes’ “Hot Dozen.” Disney Fairies fans will enjoy this innovative toy line which consists of a jewelry box and necklace (Clickables Fairy Charms Starter Set), friendship bracelet, electronic handheld game, charm bracelet and charms that work together to combine offline and online play. Girls can use the magical jewelry and toys to unlock and share content in Pixie Hollow (www.PixieHollow.com), the spectacular new virtual world where Disney Fairies fans can fly with a personalized Fairy and meet others for chatting, collecting and playing games. They can become “Fairy friends” online by clicking their Clickables Fairy Friendship Bracelets with their real-world friends; unlock special wardrobe, accessories and décor for their Fairy through 31 collectible Clickables charms; and earn special Tink Points with the Clickables Fairy Game to redeem butterfly friends that fly with their Fairy in Pixie Hollow. SRP $5.99 to $29.99, ages 7+. Available at Amazon.com, DisneyShopping.com, JCPenney, Target, Wal-Mart.
- Club Penguin Internet-connected toys recognized as TimeToPlayMag.com’s “Editor’s Picks,” Toy Insider’s “Hot 20” and Toy Wishes “All Stars.” The all-new line of Club Penguin toys includes 6-inch plush characters, 4-inch Puffle pals, 2-inch figures and more. Mirroring the collectible play pattern from the massively popular virtual world for boys and girls, the toy line introduces a new plush figure every eight weeks, including one based on the elusive and much sought-after Captain Rockhopper character. Each item includes a coin imprinted with a code that kids can use to redeem virtual items on ClubPenguin.com. SRP $9.99-29.99, ages 6+, available at ClubPenguin.com, DisneyShopping.com, Disney Store, Disney Theme Park.
Only At Disney Store & DisneyShopping.com:
- Ultimate WALL·E is an advanced robot selected among TimeToPlayMag.com’s “Editor’s Picks” and the Toy Wishes “Hot Dozen.” Talk to Disney·Pixar’s WALL•E character and he will interact with you; clap your hands and he will follow you. He can dance roam on his own, detect and avoid obstacles, track movement with motion sensors, and his sonic ears detect sound direction and volume. Ultimate WALL•E is MP3 compatible, with built-in speakers and rhythmic light effects. SRP $249.99, ages 8+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Disney Stores.
- The FlyTech Tinker Bell Indoor Flyer was featured in Toy Wishes magazine’s “All Stars” list. She is light, sweet, durable and a whole lot of fun – and she really flies! Kids can launch and fly Tinker Bell with ease using the flower-shaped remote controller. When its time to rest her wings, Tinker Bell can be recharged directly on the remote controller with its built-in charger cable. SRP $39.99, ages 6+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Target, Wal-Mart and other retailers.
- WALL E and Eve Remote Control Robots come with a wireless remote control that allows users to make them walk, talk and interact with each other. SRP $49.50 each.
Only At Disney Store & DisneyShopping.com:
- The Handy Manny Fix-It-Right Transforming Tool Truck has been singled out as a top pick in TimeToPlayMag.com’s “Editor’s Picks,” and the Toy Insider’s “Hot 20.” This two-in-one truck opens to become Handy Manny’s tool bench, showcasing four popular play tools from the show. When kids successfully tackle the recommended job, the “Fix It Right” song from the show plays. Features English/Spanish bilingual phrases, sound effects and recommended fix-it jobs. SRP $49.99, ages 3+, available at available at DisneyShopping.com, Kmart, Target, Wal-Mart and other retailers.
- The Disney Pix Jr. digital camera for preschoolers is a 2008 winner of the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio’s Platinum Award, the organization’s top honor, and has been selected as one of FamilyFun magazine’s “Top Ten” Toys of 2008. This drop-tested, rugged, 1.3 mega pixel camera features a 1.5-inch display screen for easy viewing and holds up to 150 photos. With Disney Photofriends character overlays, kids can put their favorite Disney characters into their images. Available in three styles: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, My Friends Tigger and Pooh and Disney Princess. SRP $49.99, ages 3+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Ritzcamera.com, Target .
FOR BOYS & GIRLS:
- With the Disney Little Einsteins Musical Adventure, preschoolers can flip open the panels to explore the world of music. 20 unique melodies play when all panels are open, or enjoy creating your own music with four interactive instrument buttons. SRP $14.50.
- Handy Manny Tool Set comes with handy pint-sized tools so preschoolers can pretend they have their own workshop. SRP $14.50, ages 3+.
Only At Disney Store & DisneyShopping.com:
- Ultimotion is a motion-activated video game system featuring award-winning Plug It In & Play TV Game technology. Disney-themed titles include Disney Fairies, Playhouse Disney and Sleeping Beauty. The game includes role-play items, console and a wireless motion controller, which senses a full range of motion and plugs directly into the A/V jacks of any standard TV. SRP $79.99, ages 4+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Target, Wal-Mart and other retailers.
- If there was ever a toy to capture the spirit and personality of the star of the Disney·Pixar hit, Cars, Walkin’ Talkin’ Lightning McQueen is it. Our hero comes to life with lights, voice, sound, and amazing features that can only be delivered in the world of Disney·Pixar’s Cars. Just set him down and watch him do his thing. SRP $39.99, ages 3+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Kmart, Target, Wal-Mart and other retailers.
- The regal Sleeping Beauty Magical Wand Walking Horse walks, neighs and bows with a wave of the magical Disney Princess wand! When girls tap the horse with the wand once, it walks forward and neighs. When girls tap it twice, it does a royal bow and even spins its tail. Ages 3+, SRP $34.99 at mass retailers nationwide. A gorgeous Disney Princess Magic Fairy Lights Sleeping Beauty Doll, selected among TimeToPlayMag.com’s “Editor’s Picks,” is available separately and nicely complements the horse. SRP $29.99, ages 3+, available at DisneyShopping.com, Target,, Wal-Mart and other retailers.
- On your mark, get set, GO! Disney Infra Red Remote Controlled Cars follow the Infra Red beam and come in a variety of characters for both girls and boys, including Disney Princess, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen and Power Rangers Jungle Fury. SRP $49.50.
- Disney Princess Wardrobe Dolls inspire storytelling and creativity. Choose from Ariel, Belle and Cinderella. Each doll comes with four outfits true to her character, complete with three tiaras, jewelry and hair accessories. SRP $29.50.
Disney Store and DisneyShopping.com also offer a collection of fun and whimsical seasonal décor. Select from ornaments, stockings, garlands, tree skirts and tree toppers – all adorned with favorite Disney characters to complete the transformation into a magical home.
Find us on Facebook -
Add your comments about this story.
News | Toy News
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products and affiliates (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books and magazines to foods and beverages, stationery, electronics and fine art. This is accomplished through DCP's various lines of business which include: Disney Toys, Disney Apparel, Accessories & Footwear, Disney Food, Health & Beauty, Disney Home and Disney Stationery. Other businesses involved in Disney's consumer products sales are Disney Publishing Worldwide, the world's largest publisher of children's books and magazines, and www.disneyshopping.com, the company's official shopping portal. The Disney Stores retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America and Europe. The Disney Stores chain in Japan is operated under a license agreement with Disney. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com.