Amazon.com Unveils the 2009 Holiday Toy List
Convenient New Shopping Experience Helps Customers Find this Season’s Hottest Toys at Great Values
SEATTLE --(Business Wire)-- Oct 27, 2009 Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) today revealed the Holiday Toy List (www.amazon.com/holidaytoylist), where customers can find this season’s hottest toys, video games, sporting goods, electronics, movies and more. The Holiday Toy List features innovative search tools that allow customers to quickly narrow and expand search results simultaneously by “bestselling” or “average customer review,” then filter by age, gender, category, price and discount.
“The Holiday Toy List is a helpful tool for parents, friends and family members who are searching for the perfect toys for the kids on their list,” says Sarah Wood, director of the Toy Store for Amazon.com. “With navigation that’s simple, convenient and fun to use, it’s easier than ever to find great gifts at Amazon’s everyday low prices.”
The Holiday Toy List features products from leading brands like Mattel, Jakks Pacific, Crayola, LEGO, Razor, Schwinn, Sony, Nintendo, Apple and Fender Starcaster. With most products in the Holiday Toy List eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping and Amazon Prime, customers will find great value and convenience in shopping at Amazon.com this holiday. Products Amazon.com expects to be among customer favorites include:
- Apple iPod touch 64 GB (3rd Generation), $379.98, Age 12 and up
- Bakugan 7 in 1 Maxus Dragonoid, $44.99, Ages 5 - 15
- Barbie Pink 3-Story Dream Townhouse, $144.88, Ages 3 - 10
- Bop It, $15.00, Ages 8 – 18
- Crayola Crayon Maker, $29.99, Ages 8 – 15
- D-Rex Interactive Dinosaur, $148.88, Ages 8 – 12
- Eyeclops Mini Projector, $93.24, Ages 8 – 15
- Fender Starcaster Strat Pack Electric Guitar with Amp and Accessories (Black), $199.89, Age 12 and up
- Fisher Price Elmo's Tickle Hands, $24.00, Ages 2 – 6
- “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy & BD-Live), $18.99, Age 8 and up
- Huffy Green Machine 2, $113.62, Age 6 and up
- Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym (Vintage Boy), $39.99, Ages 1 – 12 months
- Kodak Zi8 HD Pocket Video Camera (Raspberry), $149.99, Age 12 and up
- LeapFrog Zippity High-Energy Learning System, $79.97, Ages 3 – 5
- LEGO City Corner (7641), $59.96, Ages 5 – 12
- Liv Fashion Doll Sophie, $19.97, Ages 4 – 8
- Manhattan Toy Baby Stella Doll, $24.03, Age 12 months and up
- Matchbox Mega Rig Pirates Ship in Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging, $39.99, Ages 4 – 12
- Maxell M&M’s Earbud, $10.53, Ages 12 and up
- Mindflex Game, $74.99, Ages 8 – 15
- Monopoly City Edition, $29.41, Age 8 and up
- “Monsters vs. Aliens” (DVD), $16.99, Age 5 and up
- Nerf N Strike Elite Bundle (Nintendo Wii), $59.99, Ages 8 – 11
- New Super Mario Bros (Nintendo Wii), $46.99, Ages 8 – 11
- Nintendo DSi (Nintendo DS), $169.99, Ages 8 – 11
- Playskool Chuck My Talking Truck, $33.68, Ages 3 - 6
- Razor A Kick Scooter, $29.99, Age 5 and up
- Razor Rip-Rider 360 Drifting Ride-On, $89.87, Age 5 and up
- Scene It? Twilight Deluxe Edition, $28.24, Age 13 and up
- Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike, $67.80, Ages 3 – 6
- Scribblenauts (Nintendo DS), $27.99, Ages 8 – 11
- “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live w/ Blu-ray packaging), $19.99, Age 5 and up
- Speakal iPig 2.1 Stereo iPod Docking Station with 5 Speakers (Pink), $95.50, Age 12 and up
- Sprig Toys Eco Recycling-Truck in Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging, $19.99, Ages 3 – 6
- Transformers Movie 2 Combiner Construction Devastator, $84.99, Ages 5 – 12
- “Up” (Two-Disc Deluxe Edition + Digital Copy), $21.99, Age 5 and up
- Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board (Nintendo Wii), $97.99, Age 12 and up
- Zune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum), $289.00, Age 12 and up
Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this release was sent; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon.com or the Amazon.com Holiday Toy List at www.amazon.com/holidaytoylist.
Check out the Kids' Turn Central Holiday Shopping for Kids Guide to purchase the hottest toys for kids.
Toy Stores Online | Toy Manufacturers | Christmas Corner | Toy News
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel; Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon's developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. Examples of the services offered by Amazon Web Services are Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Flexible Payments Service (Amazon FPS), Amazon Mechanical Turk and Amazon CloudFront.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, and www.amazon.cn. As used herein, "Amazon.com," "we," "our" and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.