Walmart Rings in Holiday, Customers Ring Up Savings Saturday, Nov. 5
Rollbacks, Giveaways and Samples at Super Saturday Electronics & Toys Event
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart is giving shoppers early savings on hot electronics and toys with a Super Saturday event starting at 11 a.m. Nov. 5 at stores nationwide.
"Christmas is in full swing at Walmart, and we're excited to offer incredible early savings on great gifts as well as fun activities for the whole family," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising officer, Walmart U.S. "Our everyday low prices, along with these special savings and Christmas programs like layaway and our Christmas Price Guarantee, will help our customers create a wonderful Christmas this year."
Hot Electronics and More
Super Saturday features savings on popular electronics and household items, while supplies last or until midnight Saturday, including:
- Sanyo 42" Class LCD TV, $398, was $448
- Vizio 42" Class LED TV, $498
- LG 47" Class LED TV, $698
- Nook Color, Rollback $199, was $249
- Xbox 360® 250GB Console with Kinect, $399 plus a $50 Walmart Gift Card
- Xbox 360® 4GB Console with Kinect, $299 plus a $50 Walmart Gift Card
- Better Homes & Gardens 10-Cup Programmable Grind & Brew Coffee Maker, $39, was $79
- Better Homes & Gardens 10-Cup Food Processor, $39, was $79
- Better Homes & Gardens Blender with 8-Cup Jar, $39, was $79
Tremendous Toy Values
On Super Saturday, shoppers will find fun in Toyland with cupcakes, balloons, activities and giveaways for children. Every day low prices on top toy gifts will include:
- Raskullz 3D 16" bicycle, $77
- Xia xia character, $9.88
- Transformers Ultimate Optimus Prime, $59.88
- Fisher Price Big Action Construction Site with Remote Control, $49.88
- Playskool Sesame Street Let's Rock! Elmo, $54.88
- Paper Jamz Pro Mic, $24.88
Black Friday Specials - Exclusive, Early Preview
For the first time, Walmart is offering customers an early, exclusive preview of its most highly sought-after Black Friday specials. Starting later today, customers who sign up at Walmart.com or Facebook.com/Walmart will be the first to receive an early preview of its specials on the widest assortment of top electronics, toys, apparel and more. The retailer will reveal the specials soon.
"Walmart will be the Black Friday destination for the best prices on the hottest gifts, including brand name electronics and toys," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising officer, Walmart U.S. "We know shoppers are watching every penny this season, so we're sharing our Black Friday specials early this year so they can plan ahead and deliver a wonderful Christmas for their families."
Walmart has created a range of holiday offerings, all designed to help shoppers, including:
- Christmas Price Guarantee: Here's how it works: If a customer buys an eligible product at Walmart anytime between Nov. 1 and Dec. 25, and then finds that same product advertised for less at another store, Walmart will give the customer a gift card for the difference through Dec. 25. Walmart's Christmas Price Guarantee is valid on purchases of identical items (the same brand, size, color, quantity, grade and model number) that are currently available at competitor's stores located within the same local market as a particular Walmart store.
- Holiday Credit Offer: Shoppers can receive no interest if paid in full within six months on every purchase, every day in November and December 2011, in store or on Walmart.com with your Walmart® Credit Card. With no minimum dollar amount required, customers can buy the gifts they want from any department on any product in the store or at Walmart.com.
- More Ways to Save on Shipping: Nearly 95% of Walmart.com products – including hundreds of thousands of electronics, home furnishings, apparel, beauty products, diapers, sporting goods and more – are now eligible for free shipping via Site to Store, Pick Up Today, FedEx Site to Store and Home Free shipping programs. With Home Free, customers can ship any apparel and consumables order over $45 for free direct to their home.
- Walmart's Christmas Layaway program enables customers to make payments on purchases in varying amounts when they want through Dec. 16. Toys and electronic gifts with a retail price of $15 or more are eligible, including dozens of toys on Rollback to $15.
- Save Money on Gas: The Gas Rollback has been extended through Dec. 24, and is available at participating Murphy stations at more than 1,000 Supercenters and 10 Walmart stations. This program gives customers a $0.10 discount on each gallon of gas or diesel fuel purchased at participating Murphy USA or Walmart stations.
News | Toy News
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at over 9,700 retail units under 69 different banners in 28 countries. With fiscal year 2011 sales of $419 billion, Walmart employs 2.1 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://walmartstores.com, and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.