Fisher-Price Announces Award-Winning Holiday Toys
After 75 Years, Fisher-Price Still Knows What Makes a Hot Holiday Toy
EAST AURORA, N.Y. --(Business Wire)-- Nov. 8, 2005 Fisher-Price, the world's leading brand of infant and preschool toys and a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NYSE:MAT), announces its must-have toys for the 2005 holiday season. Today's line-up of Fisher-Price toys are a testament to the company's rich 75 year history of sparking the wonder and imagination of children around the world.
"The talented teams at Fisher-Price take pride in developing fun and engaging toys and we've been doing so for 75 years," says Kevin Curran, General Manager of Fisher-Price. "At our world renowned Play Lab our toys are given the stamp of approval by the ultimate judges, kids. It's no wonder that our toys are on multiple hot toy lists."
Fisher-Price's Hot Holiday Toys for 2005 include:
- ESPN(R) Shot Block(TM) Basketball (Toy Wishes All Star, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Award): ESPN and Fisher-Price come together again to bring indoor arcade basketball to the next level. Attaching to any door, this is the only basketball arcade with automatic built-in defense for the ultimate challenge. Kids simply choose either the Beginner or Pro modes and the shot blocking rims do the rest! Eight electronic games keep the fun going. Advanced electronics include scoring, lights, sounds and colorful play-by-play commentary from ESPN's Dick Vitale, like "Swish-a-Roo baby!" $69.99, ages 5+
- Read With Me DVD! (Dr. Toy Ten Best Educational Toys & 100 Best Children's Products, FamilyFun Magazine Toy of the Year Finalist, iParenting Media Award, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award, Toy Wishes All Star): This ground-breaking learning system is the first to focus on story comprehension and vocabulary. Children simply insert the DVD book title into a DVD player, and a classic story is brought to life on the TV screen. Each story includes four play modes. The Read With Me DVD! learning system includes a wireless, child-friendly remote control, a DVD of a true children's classic, Where The Wild Things Are, and a storage case for the DVD. $34.99, ages 3-7
Additional titles, including Green Eggs and Ham, The Little Engine That Could, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Cordouroy, Curious George, Giraffes Can't Dance, Miss Spider are also sold separately for use with the system. $14.99, ages 3-7
- Pixter(R) Multi-Media (FamilyFun Magazine Tech Toy of the Year Finalist, iParenting Media Award): This all-in-one, hand-held digital creativity system for kids has been redesigned to do it all - Art, Learning, Gaming, and for the first time ever - full motion VIDEO! With streaming video technology and a high performance TFT screen, kids can now get creative like never before. Not only can they watch their favorite videos, they can edit them, too! More than 100 cool creative activities are built right in, and a library of more than 50 titles, including Video, Art and Learning ROMs, are also available, making it a child's complete creativity system. $79.99, ages 4+
- Laugh & Learn(TM) Musical Learning Chair(TM) (eToys.com Hot Toys for 2005, Parents Magazine Ultimate Holiday Toy Guide, Toys "R" Us Joy List, Toy Wishes All Star, NAPPA Honors Award Winner): This charming chair and side table come to life with fun activities that set the stage for learning. In learning mode, children can play with the clock that teaches numbers and counting, the color-changing lamp that teaches opposites like "on" and "off," and the activity book that teaches about animals. The chair knows when baby is sitting or standing and greets them with fun phrases and the alphabet song. In Music Fun mode, babies can play "musical chairs" as the songs start and stop as they sit on and get up from the chair. Additional songs and sound effects fill the air as baby plays with any of the activities on the side table. $29.99, ages 12 - 36 months
- Tumble Time(TM) Tigger (Child Magazine's Best Toy Awards 2005, eToys.com Hot Toys for 2005, KB Toys Hot Toy List, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award, Toys "R" Us Joy List, Toy Wishes All-Star, NAPPA Honors Award winner): Can't touch this...it's Tigger Time, and this sound-activated, tumbling plush can do it all! He tumbles, does cartwheels and even handstands -- all to a funky beat. Kids simply press Tigger's nose to start the action, and magically bring him to life by clapping their hands and calling out to him. He's got something to say, too, with lots of fun phrases as kids continue to clap their hands to the funky musical track and wacky sound effects. $34.99, ages 18 months+
- Star Station(TM) (eToys.com Hot Toys for 2005, iParenting Media Awards): This brand new entertainment system for preschoolers puts the power of performance right into their hands. It lets children see and hear themselves on their very own TV sets as they sing and dance along with their favorite songs from Kidz Bop(R), the most popular and most recognized music product in the US for kids ages 3 to 11. With the simple press of a button, kids can choose from five different rotating camera lenses that create awesome on-screen effects: Regular, Star, Double Vision, Kaleidoscope and Color Warp. The hardware comes with a cartridge that includes four hit Kidz Bop(R) songs like "Hey Ya" and "All Star." Eight additional cartridges, each with eight more Kidz Bop(R) songs, are also available (sold separately). $59.99, ages 3+
- Shake 'N Go Speedway(TM) (FamilyFun Magazine #3 Toy of the Year, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award Winner, Parents Magazine Ultimate Holiday Toy Guide, Toy Wishes All Star): Making kids part of the action and giving them the power to "shake things up," this interactive track allows kids to race two Shake 'N Go cars, complete with light-up lap counter and all the sounds of a real speedway. The more kids shake the cars, the further they go! Also features IR technology to "know" who won the race and announce the winner. $39.99, ages 3+
- Roll-A-Rounds(TM) Drop & Roar Dinosaur (Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold and SNAP Award Winner, Parents Magazine Ultimate Holiday Toy Guide, Toys "R" Us Joy List): This dinosaur-themed playset is filled with prehistoric Roll-a-Rounds fun! Baby can send their Roll-a-Rounds friends rolling down color-coordinated ball drops and ramps as colored lights and lively tunes highlight the action. The blue path sends the rounds down the dinosaur's bumpy tail, the yellow path is a drop-through chute and the orange path features ramps and a swinging pendulum. The purple path sends the Roll-a-Rounds down the Dino's neck, then out his mouth, triggering roaring sound effects, including giggles and even a cute "hiccup." $34.99, ages 6 months +
- Dora's Talking Kitchen(TM) (Toys "R" Us Joy List, Toy Wishes All-Star and Hot Dozen): Not just another kitchen playset, Dora's Talking Kitchen features a life-size Dora character that will take kids on adventures in the kitchen. This authentic looking Spanish kitchen is styled directly from Dora's very own kitchen, and features the bilingual play that makes the Nickelodeon show so special. Just like on the top-rated Nickelodeon show, Dora leads children on a three-part adventure to complete different recipes. Each recipe card encourages children to locate and identify different ingredients in the kitchen, all accompanied by fun sound effects, in English and Spanish, that make "cooking" an exciting adventure. $79.99, ages 2+
Find us on Facebook -
Add your comments about these toys.
Check out the Kids' Turn Central Holiday Shopping for Kids Guide to purchase the hottest toys for kids.
Hot Toys 2008 | Toy Stores Online | Toy Manufacturers | Christmas Corner
Fisher-Price, Inc., a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NYSE:MAT) and located in East Aurora, New York, is the leading brand of infant and preschool toys in the world. The Company has a 75-year legacy of high-quality toys that enhance early childhood development. Its often-emulated Play Laboratory was the first child research center of its kind in the toy industry, allowing researchers to observe the way children play and how play benefits their development. Some of the Company's best-known "classic" brands include Little People(R), Power Wheels(R) and View-Master(R). Fisher-Price is also a leading developer of baby gear products (nursery monitors, infant swings, high chairs) as well as a wide array of character-based toys inspired by high quality children's programming such as Sesame Street(R), Dora the Explorer(TM) and Winnie the Pooh. The Company's web site, provides valuable information and resources to parents.