Flex Your Mental Muscle With Namco’s Brain Exercise|
SAN JOSE, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Nov 17, 2008 Namco Networks, a leading publisher and developer of mobile games and entertainment for mass-market casual gamers, today announced the availability of Brain Exercise across US national carriers. This game is scientifically proven to stimulate the brain and challenges players with a seemingly endless supply of fun and addictive puzzlers.
“Namco Networks is all about delivering fun, quality games,” said Scott Rubin, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Namco Networks. “Brain Exercise makes training your brain fun. It tracks players’ daily and monthly progress, which makes it hard to put down.”
Namco’s Brain Exercise, which has been a top seller in Europe and Japan, is officially tested by Dr. Kawashima, the man behind the original brain training game on the Nintendo DS. With 10 fun, cranium-crunching categories involving memory, logic, calculations, visual and spatial perception, this is one exercise regime players will want to stick to. Brain Exercise’s categories are:
Brain Exercise keeps players’ minds awake and active with a personal coach who keeps you focused and on track as you compete in one of three modes—Brain Training, Brain Age and Practice. In Brain Training Mode, players participate in a daily training regime with three mini-games to stimulate different regions of the brain: the temporal, parietal and frontal lobes.
- Memory – Flashes a sequence of lights and asks the player to press the corresponding keys to match the sequence
- Arithmetic – Delivers simple arithmetic questions
- Rock, Paper, Scissors – The player is instructed to win, lose or draw against an opponent
- Inverted Numbers – Asks the player to input the numbers on the screen
- Predominant Numbers – Has the player identify which number appears the most in a crowded screen of numbers
- Red Minus Blue – Tests the player’s ability to calculate a sum based on blue negative numbers and red positive numbers
- Shape Construction – Challenges the user to create the target shape out of combining others shapes
- Answer the Question – Displays a target colored shape and ask the player to count the number of shapes matching the displayed target
- Rolling Shapes – As a shape rolls, the player determines the final orientation of the shape
- Follow the Pencil – Has the player predict which goals the pencils will reach
Brain Age Mode tracks the player’s progress with in-depth stat tracking as they work their way towards a younger and sharper brain. During Practice Mode, players can play as many mini-games as desired without the results counting towards your daily training.
Cranking up your cranium with Brain Exercise has wide appeal and is perfect for the casual mobile audience with simple and intuitive controls. It offers a whole-brain workout packed in a mobile phone for instant training anywhere. Brain Exercise offers both a quick exercise break and hours and hours of fun with randomly generated puzzles.
For more information on Brain Exercise or other mobile games by Namco, please visit www.namcogames.com.
Find us on Facebook -
Add your comments about this story.
News | Toy News | Hot Toys 2008| Gaming News
Brain Exercise™ 2006-2008 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
Nintendo DS TM is a registered trademark of Nintendo Inc.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners.
About Namco Networks
Namco Networks America, Inc., a subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings (USA) Inc., is a worldwide leader in cutting-edge, digitally distributed casual entertainment for the mass-market consumer. More information about Namco Networks products, including press releases, can be found at www.namcogames.com.