Disney Store Readies for a Magical "Black Friday" & "Cyber Monday"
130 Midnight Openings at Locations Nationwide; Early Shoppers Receive 20 Percent Off Hottest Merchandise
PASADENA, Calif., Nov. 18, 2010 –This holiday, Disney Store will dazzle its guests with a wide range of exclusive Disney toys, seasonal décor, hand-crafted ornaments, and stocking stuffers for the entire family. Bargain-hunters and night owls can get a head start on holiday shopping this year as Disney Store prepares to open more than 130 stores nationwide at midnight on "Magical Friday" Nov. 26 (Black Friday). Guests who arrive between midnight and 10 a.m. can take advantage of 20 percent off all items and "Magical Friday" deals as low as $5. Disney Store will continue the holiday cheer with one-day online-only prices on more than 1,000 gifts on Cyber Monday (Nov. 29). Guests can check Disney Store daily for the day's Top 10 selling items to inspire gift ideas to round out their holiday shopping list. From "Magical Friday" through "Cyber Monday," more than 10 million guests will visit Disney Store to find the hottest toys and unique Disney-inspired products to delight everyone.
"More than 95% of Disney Store product is exclusive to the store – items you can't find anywhere else. Shoppers will get special deals on the hottest assortments--all inspired by hit Disney entertainment such as this year's blockbuster Toy Story 3 and Tangled which releases Thanksgiving week," said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. "At Disney Store we take great pride in the quality of our products, storytelling details, and the smiles we bring to children when they unwrap their gifts at home this holiday."
Guests can prepare for their "Magical (Black) Friday" shopping with Disney Store's top gift ideas; for a more extensive list, they can also visit http://www.disneystore.com/sharethemagic
DISNEY STORE TOP 10 GIFT IDEAS
- Tangled Assortment: Guests can "un-tangle" their shopping lists with Disney's newest collection of Tangled role-play dresses, dolls, playsets, and plush and other great deals and special pricing on a variety of gifts for children of all ages, including: the Rapunzel Classic Doll, featuring 17 inches of shimmering blonde tresses; the Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Celebration Set; and the Tangled Deluxe Figure Set includes nine richly detailed figurines to re-enact favorite scenes from the film.
- Disney Store Singing Dolls are a collection of seven dolls that each sing the signature song from their movies including Rapunzel, with Mandy Moore singing "When Will My life Begin", and Tiana, with Anika Noni Rose singing "Almost There."
- Disney-Pixar Toy Story Assortment: Buzz, Woody and Jessie Talking Action Figures each says several well-known phrases for hours of fun; the Toy Story 3 Deluxe Figurine Play Set is a 14-piece set featuring favorite and new characters.
- Disney-Pixar Cars Assortment: Tokyo Drift Dragon Lightning McQueen RC Vehicle has the latest RC technology to pull off the cool maneuvers and the Cars Toon Rescue Squad Helicopter Die Cast Carrier Play Set includes the chopper which opens up to carry Mater, Lightning McQueen and an ambulance.
- Disney Vinylmation Figures are highly collectible figures with unique designs inspired by iconic Disney characters. Ideal for gifting individual characters or give the sealed tray of 24 to the ultimate collector.
- Personalized Disney Gifts are perfect for the person who has everything. Disneystore.com offers personalization on a range items from apparel and jewelry to luggage and holiday sleepwear with more than 100 Disney characters to choose from and the option to add a name.
- Disney-Branded Dooney & Bourke Bags are decorated with Disney icons, from castles to Cheshire Cats, enchanted roses and Disney Princess crowns, and comes in wristlet size and larger handbags to accessorize any look.
- Disney Store Holiday Decor can turn any home into a merry wonderland just by adding holiday stockings, tree skirts, dishware, throws and pillows featuring Mickey and Minnie Mouse in red and green holiday-themed attire.
- Disney Store's Ornament Collection features many new styles for 2010 including Tangled-inspired ornaments, Toy Story 3 characters, and classic ornaments such as Mickey and Minnie, and Tinker Bell.
- Disney Store Holiday Sleepwear will keep families warm and festive all winter long with multiple colors and Disney characters to choose from.
To find a Disney Store, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Updates, become a fan on www.facebook.com/DisneyStore or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/DisneyStore to stay connected to your favorite destination. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us Special offers are available while supplies last.
News | Toy News
About Disney Store North America
The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is an affiliate of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney's key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; more than 100 Disney Store locations in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy and Portugal, and online stores disneystore.com and disneystore.co.uk. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney (NYSE: DIS), one of the world's largest and most successful entertainment companies.