America’s Most-Loved Toys and Games Deliver High Play Value This Holiday Season|
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Nov 25, 2008 With just days until the kickoff of the holiday season and with finances top of mind, parents can look to the worldwide leader in toys and family products – Mattel and Fisher-Price – to find big “wow” presents as well as affordable gifts that will bring smiles to kids’ faces.
“Our long-standing kid-favorite Mattel and Fisher-Price brands offer a holiday toy line-up delivering the play value that parents want and the excitement and fun that kids need in order to keep their interest all year long. Our toys truly will create magical childhood memories and play experiences for kids of all ages and interests this holiday season,” said Neil Friedman, president, Mattel Brands.
For parents that are looking for that “wow gift” to surprise kids with this year, Mattel and Fisher-Price offer truly innovative items that will dazzle and amaze. From D-Rex™, a robotically recreated predator that walks, makes sounds and interacts with its owner and environment; to the three-foot tall Barbie® Three-Story Dream House®, featuring a gourmet-style kitchen and working “escalator;” to Elmo LIVE!, a life-like, talking creation that tells stories, jokes, sings songs and plays games that are true to the Sesame Street puppet mannerisms, and the Power Wheels® A.T. Rex™, an ATV that transforms into an A.T. Rex, these gifts are what the magic of toys are all about.
Year after year, Mattel brands’ products continue to offer parents imagination-inspiring toys and games with tremendous play value. From doll play and online racing to games the entire family can enjoy, the following products under $40 and under $20 provide hours upon hours of fun!
- Families will enjoy numerous fun-filled evenings playing Pictionary Man™, a twist on an old favorite now available with a 3-D dry erase figure that gives players a new way to bring clues to life - $29.99
- Girls can re-create all their favorite “Barbie™ and The Diamond Castle” DVD moments with life-like Barbie™ and & The Diamond Castle Princess Liana™ and Princess Alexa® Dolls, that sing songs from the movie - $29.99
- The Barbie® Candy Glam Stylin’ Station™ Styling Head™ features the hottest in fashion and beauty styling and for the first-time ever, girls can create their own candy-flavored lip gloss - $39.99
- Kids can take to the skies with the new GeoAir™ High Flyin’ Airport!™ All of the new GeoAir remote control planes simply clip onto the flexible GeoAir track and fly around the entire playset performing loops, swoops and daredevil dives - $39.99
- Girls can have magical fun with Princess Sarah Lynn® in the new Little People® Dance 'n Twirl Palace™. With rooms, staircases and lots of music around every corner, Princess Sarah Lynn and her prince are never at a loss for things to do - $32.99
- Baby can discover animal friends and fun with the new Amazing Animals™ Rollin’ Around Musical Zoo. The Zoo includes four Amazing Animals; the baby elephant, zebra, monkey and scoot along penguin. With the press of the music button, the zoo comes alive with fun songs, sound effects and lights - $39.99
- Handy Manny Talking Tool Box: With the Talking Tool Box, kids can pretend they are Manny and interact with his tool friends from the show, as the tools come to life, jumping up and down while kids sing along to the “Let's Get To Work” song that Manny and the tools sing when they are ready to go on their fixing adventure - $27.99
Mattel, Inc., (NYSE:MAT) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica:® and Tyco® R/C, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. Mattel is recognized as one of 2008's "100 Best Companies to Work For" by FORTUNE Magazine and among the 100 Most Trustworthy U.S. Companies by Forbes Magazine. Committed to ethical manufacturing sustainable business practices, Mattel marked a 10-year milestone in 2007 for its Global Manufacturing Principles. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs more than 30,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Mattel's vision is to be the world's premier toy brands -- today and tomorrow.
PICTIONARY and associated trademarks and trade dress are owned by Pictionary Incorporated.