EA SPORTS Collaborates with Augusta National Golf Club to Feature the Masters in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12|
2012 Edition Provides New Opportunity for Fans of All Ages To Experience Iconic Golf Course, Tournament
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today a collaboration with Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters Tournament to feature one of the most revered tournaments in golf – the Masters – in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters®. For the first time in franchise history, players will be able to step onto the hallowed grounds of Augusta National, experience the rich history and tradition of the Masters Tournament and begin their own journey to capture the most sought-after prize in professional golf – the Green Jacket
The Masters edition will go on sale in North America on March 29 and worldwide on April 1, available on the Wii™, Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 consoles, with support of the PlayStation® Move controller. The Masters and five additional courses will also be included in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12 Collector’s Edition, developed exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
“For more than a decade, the Masters Tournament has been the most requested and coveted feature for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise among our fans,” said Peter Moore, president of EA SPORTS™. “Pairing the number one golf video game franchise with the most prestigious golf tournament in the world is a perfect marriage and we’re thrilled to bring our fans this exciting opportunity to experience Augusta National Golf Club like never before.”
“Our sincere motivation is to draw an even greater audience to this wonderful sport and continue to inspire its growth by building off the success seen in previous versions of the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise,” said Billy Payne, Chairman of Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters Tournament. “The beauty of Augusta National and the rich history of the Masters have inspired the dreams of golfers for generations. Three years of collaboration with EA SPORTS has resulted in a game we feel presents a truly authentic Masters experience.”
“I am very happy and excited that the Masters Tournament is featured in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR game,” said Tiger Woods. “There are many new and unique elements in the game that will make everyone feel like they’re really competing at Augusta National. This is great for the sport and will connect a new audience with the Masters, a tournament I’ve been fortunate to experience since 1995. Continually growing the visibility of golf is important to attracting newcomers to the sport, and I agree that showcasing the Masters Tournament in the game will bring an entirely new dimension to that approach.”
New features and enhancements include:
- Masters Moments – Play through memorable, historic moments as players try to measure up against some of the sport’s greatest legends.
- Tiger at the Masters – Relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
- The Caddie Experience – Behind every great golfer is a trusted and reliable caddie. Players will have a caddie by their side on every swing, providing strategic advice, from shot selection to reading greens, helping them become a more successful golfer.
- The Closest Thing to Being There – For the first time ever, EA SPORTS™ utilized a new state-of-the art laser scanning technology at Augusta National Golf Club to laser scan every hole featured in the game. This will provide players with the most authentic digital representation of the Tournament and Par 3 courses. Every tree, every azalea and every undulation in every green was recreated down to the smallest detail.
- Broadcast Presentation – Feel the emotion of every swing as called by the all-new commentary team of Jim Nantz and David Feherty, who headline a completely revamped TV broadcast presentation package.
- Career Mode – The all-new career mode will closely mirror the journey of an amateur golfer’s rise through the ranks and chase the title of Masters champion.
- New Players – Over 20 professional golfers to choose from, including Zach Johnson (2007 Masters Champion) and Bubba Watson (2010 Ryder Cup – Team USA).
- Championship Courses – Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters is developed in Orlando, Fla., by EA Tiburon and will retail for $59.99 on Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3, $49.99 on the Wii™, and the PlayStation®3 exclusive Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12 Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of a long-standing partnership between EA SPORTS and the PGA TOUR. Over the past two decades, EA SPORTS has introduced a series of immersive and authentic golf experiences across a variety of game platforms that has helped expand the popularity of the sport amongst fans. EA SPORTS growing golf portfolio includes the award-winning Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® franchise, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online and the recently announced EA SPORTS PGA TOUR® Golf Challenge for Facebook.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 11 won Best Individual Sports Game at the 2010 Spike Video Game Awards.
To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters, log on to www.easports.com/golf.
News | Toy News | Gaming News
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA Elite basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA™, EA Mobile™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS Active, EA Mobile and POGO are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. John Madden, NFL, FIFA, NHL, NBA, NCAA, Tiger Woods and PGA TOUR are trademarks of their respective owners and used with permission. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. Xbox 360 is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About the PGA TOUR
The PGA TOUR is the world’s premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, co-sanctioning more than 100 tournaments on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour.
The PGA TOUR’s mission is to entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, generate significant charitable and economic impact in communities in which it plays, and provide financial opportunities for TOUR players.
In 2010, the three Tours collectively have tournaments in 34 states and in 12 countries outside of the U.S. PGA TOUR tournaments are broadcast to nearly 600 million households in 231 countries and 30 languages.
Virtually all tournaments are organized as nonprofit organizations in order to maximize charitable giving. In 2009, tournaments on the three Tours generated nearly $109 million for local charitable organizations, bringing the TOUR’s all-time total of charitable contributions to nearly $1.5 billion.
The PGA TOUR's web site is PGATOUR.COM, the No. 1 site in golf, and the company is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.