LEGO: The Hobbit
RELEASE DATE: Spring 2014
PUBLISHER: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
DEVELOPER: TT Games
ESRB RATING: RP
PLATFORMS: Xbox One®, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Wii U™, Nintendo 3DS™, PlayStation® Vita, and PC
From the makers of the immensely popular LEGO® The Lord of the Rings, comes LEGO The Hobbit, inspired by the first two films in The Hobbit Trilogy: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and the upcoming The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, productions of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM) as well as the collection of LEGO The Hobbit constructions sets. The interactive game of LEGO The Hobbit allows gamers to play along with their favorite scenes from the films, and follows the Hobbit Bilbo Baggins as he is recruited by the Wizard Gandalf to aid Thorin Oakenshield and his Company of Dwarves. Bilbo leaves the comforts of the Shire on a journey through Middle-earth to help the Dwarves reclaim their lost Kingdom of Erebor within the Lonely Mountain. Along the way, he is introduced to ravenous Trolls, dangerous Orcs and, of course, Gollum and his precious Ring. Players will utilize and combine the Dwarves' unique abilities - often with hilarious results - to solve the most diverse Quests of any LEGO videogame to date.
- Explore Middle-earth and visit key locations from the films, including Bag End, and trek through the treacherous High Pass over The Misty Mountains, or discover the depths of Goblin Town, Mirkwood and Rivendell.
- Partake in Treasure Quests, mine for gems, discover loot from enemies, and craft powerful magical items or build immense new LEGO structures.
- Play as your favorite characters from The Hobbit films, including Bilbo, Gandalf, and the Dwarves: Thorin, Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, Balin Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori and Ori. Each has his own special - and quite hilarious - ability. For example, Bombur can be used as a trampoline that enables his companions "belly-bounce" out of danger!
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Triumph in a game of riddles and learn to wield the power of The One Ring.
- Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option. (Available on console only.)
- Play with family and friends using wireless play. (3DS and Playstation Vita only and two copies of the game required.
News | Toy News | Gaming News
A production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is the first of three films from filmmaker Peter Jackson, the Academy Award-winning director of "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy. The screenplay for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro. Jackson is also producing the film, together with Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner and Fran Walsh. The executive producers are Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins and Carolyn Blackwood, with Boyens and Eileen Moran serving as co-producers.
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and the second and third films of the Trilogy are productions of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), with New Line managing production. Warner Bros. Pictures is handling worldwide theatrical distribution, with select international territories as well as all international television distribution being handled by MGM. "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" was released on December 14, 2012, with the second film, "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug," releasing December 13, 2013, and the third film, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again," slated for December 17, 2014.
© 2014 The LEGO Group. © New Line. ™ & © SZC lic. to WBIE. (s14)