National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
DVD Release Date: May 20, 2008
Studio: Walt Disney Video
Actors: Nicolas Cage, Justin Bartha, Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren
Directors: Jon Turteltaub
BURBANK, Calif., February 15, 2008 – Walt Disney Pictures and legendary action producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean) present a spectacular, star-studded race across the globe when National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets comes to DVD, two-disc Gold Collection DVD and Blu-ray Disc on May 20, 2008 from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. This thrilling Adventure for the Whole Family is priced at $29.99 SRP; 2Disc Gold Collector’s Edition Gold Collection DVD and Blu-ray Disc are each $34.99 SRP.
The missing pages of a diary hold a secret so explosive it could change the course of history in National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. An irresistible blend of historical fact and fiction, the high-voltage adventure stars Academy Award© winner Nicolas Cage (Best Actor; Leaving Las Vegas, 1996) as Benjamin Franklin Gates, treasure hunter extraordinaire. A search to uncover the truth behind the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, is packed with breathtaking stunts, awe-inspiring backdrops and a lightning-paced international treasure hunt.
Oscar© winners Jon Voight (Best Actor, 1979; Coming Home) and Helen Mirren (Best Actress, The Queen, 2007) head up an extraordinary supporting cast that also includes Oscar nominees Ed Harris (Best Actor, Pollock, 2001; and Best Supporting Actor; The Hours, 2003; The Truman Show 1999 and Apollo 13, 1996) and Harvey Keitel, (Best Supporting Actor, Bugsy, 1992) as well as rising stars Diane Kruger (Troy) and Justin Bartha (National Treasure). The film is directed by Jon Turteltaub, who also directed the blockbuster original.
The Two-Disc Gold Collector’s Edition Contains The Following Bonus Features on DVD and Blu-ray -Disc Gold Collector’s Edition Contains The Following Bonus Features on DVD and Blu-ray
- Audio Commentary -Director Jon Turteltaub and Academy award winning actor Jon Voight provide exclusive commentary for the film.
- Deleted Scenes -Jon Turteltaub introduces extended and deleted scenes including “Pursuit At Rushmore: The Unseen Chapter, ” in which the intrepid group of treasure hunters makes its way into the Black Hills of South Dakota while doing their best to avoid the FBI.
- The Treasure Reel -A collection of outtakes and bloopers from the set of National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
- Secrets of a Sequel -Filmmakers Jon Turteltaub and Jerry Bruckheimer join the cast and crew to talk about making the follow-up to the phenomenally successful National Treasure.
- The Book of Secrets: On Location -From the Black Hills and Badlands of South Dakota to London’s historic Buckingham Palace, National Treasure: Book of Secrets was given unprecedented access to previously off limits locations. Go behind the scenes at the Library of Congress, Mount Vernon, Buckingham Palace and the Statue of Liberty in Paris.
- Street Stunts: Creating the London Chase -Take a high speed tour of London’s most recognizable landmarks as the film’s unforgettable adrenaline-fueled chase scene is created in historic city streets.
- Inside the Library of Congress -An informative feature about the workings of the nation’s most important library provides an up-close look at precious national artifacts and the conservation techniques that safeguard these priceless pieces of American history.
- Underground Action -The sets, the stunts and the action that create the film’s powerful climax as the race to reach the lost City of Gold unfolds.
- Cover Story: Crafting the Presidents’ Book -A fascinating look at the propmasters and designers who created the legendary book central to National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
- Evolution of a Golden City -A look at the Hollywood sets, CGI techniques and visual effects that brought the legendary City of Gold to life.
- Knights of the Golden Circle -Who were the real Knights of the Golden Circle? A short documentary traces one of America’s most mysterious and influential organizations to its roots, including interviews with KGC expert Warren Getler, the cast and crew.
- Easter Eggs -Including a conversation about Beverly Hills High School with fellow alums Nic Cage and Jon Turteltaub, a look at the White House lawn scene as filmed in front of a blue screen and much more.
All the same Bonus Features as the DVD:
Exclusive Blu-ray Bonus Features:
- Audio Commentary
- Deleted Scenes
- The Treasure Reel
- Secrets of a Sequel
- The Book of Secrets: On Location
- Street Stunts: Creating the London Chase
- Inside the Library of Congress
- Underground Action
- Cover Story: Crafting the Presidents’ Book
- Evolution of a Golden City
- Knights of the Golden Circle
- Easter Eggs
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the
marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and
Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios
Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.
- Book of History: The Fact and Fiction of NT2 -Is National Treasure: Book of Secrets historical fact or historical fiction?
Pop Quiz that tests people on the history, characters, places and events that took place in the movie. Find out which historical details in the film are true and which were invented with an exclusive pop up quiz. It is a fully-interactive in-movie experience.
- Two Additional Deleted Scenes -With introductions by director Jon Turteltaub