Pixar Short Films Collection
DVD Release Date: November 6, 2007
Run Time: 54 minutes
Studio: Walt Disney Video
For the first time ever, 13 Pixar Animation Studios short films that transformed animation are available together when The Pixar Short Films Collection Vol. 1 comes to DVD and high definition only on Disney Blu-ray on November 6.
Three Academy Award® winners and five additional nominees are included in this must-have anthology of animated wonders. Pixar’s revolutionary animation, unforgettable music and original characters light up the screen.
Viewers go behind the scenes in never before seen bonus material with top creative minds including John Lasseter, founder and Chief Creative Officer of Pixar, and much more!
Viewers of all ages, from serious animation buffs to people who just love to laugh, will delight as familiar faces from Pixar classics like Cars, Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles join a host of unique and wonderful characters in these groundbreaking short films coming to DVD and high definition Disney Blu-ray from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
DVD and Disney Blu-ray High-Def BONUS FEATURES:
- The Adventures of André & Wally B. – From the legendary Lucas Films, a delightful look at thelightning-fast in-flight antics of a mischievous bumble bee (Wally B.) and his even faster-moving target (André).
- Luxo Jr. - A baby lamp finds a ball to play with and it’s all fun and games until the ball bursts. Just when the elder Luxo thinks his kid will settle down for a bit, Luxo Jr. finds another ball – ten times larger.
- Tin Toy - Babies are hardly monster-like, unless you’re a toy. After escaping a drooling baby, Tinny realizes that he wants to be played with after all. But in the amount of time it takes him to discover this, the baby’s attention moves on to other things only an infant could find interesting. (1988 Academy Award® Winner for Best Animated Short Film)
- Red’s Dream - Life as the sole sale item in the clearance corner of Eben’s Bikes can get lonely. So Red, a unicycle, dreams up a clown owner and his own juggling act that steals the show. But all too soon, the applause turns into the sound of rainfall, as reality rushes back. Red must resign himself to sitting in the corner and await his fate.
- Knick Knack – Life on a shelf as a snowman trapped in a snow-globe blizzard can become wearing, especially when you're surrounded by knickknacks from sunnier locales. When the jaded snowman finally breaks free of his glass home, his vacation plans are cut short. (Music by Bobby McFerrin)
- Geri’s Game – An aging codger named Geri plays a daylong game of chess in the park against himself. Somehow, he begins losing to his livelier opponent. But just when the game’s nearly over, Geri manages to turn the tables. (1997 Academy Award® Winner for Best Animated Short Film)
- For The Birds -One by one, a flock of small birds perches on a telephone wire. Sitting close together has problems enough, and then comes along a large dopey bird who tries to join them. The birds of a feather can’t help but make fun of him – and the clique mentality proves embarrassing in the end. (2001 Academy Award® Winner for Best Animated Short Film)
- Mike’s New Car - When Mike shows off his new car to his Monsters, Inc. co-star Sulley, everything that can go wrong does, and they are left with only their own two feet for transportation. (2002 Academy Award® Nominee for Best Animated Short Film)
- Boundin’ – On a high mountain plain lives a lamb with a wool coat of such remarkable sheen that he breaks into high-steppin’ dance. But there comes a day when he loses his lustrous coat and, along with it, his pride
- It takes a wise jackalope – a horn-adorned rabbit – to teach the moping lamb that woolly or not, it’s what’s inside that’ll help him rebound from life’s troubles. (2003 Academy Award Nominee® for Best Animated Short Film)
- Jack-Jack Attack – When babysitter Kari McKean tries to entertain Jack-Jack Parr (of The Incredibles) with some “brainy baby” music, she triggers an unusual reaction.
- Mater and the Ghostlight – Cars favorite Mater is "haunted" by a mysterious blue light that teaches him not to play pranks on the other cars in Radiator Springs.
- One Man Band - One Man Band tells the humorously captivating tale of a peasant girl who, with one coin to make a wish at a piazza fountain, encounters two competing street musicians who’d prefer the coin find its way into their tip jars. As the rivalry crescendos, the two overly eager performers vie to win the little girl's attention. (2005 Academy Award Nominee® for Best Animated Short Film)
- Lifted - A young alien student bungles his first lesson in elementary abduction as an increasingly weary instructor looks on. (2006 Academy Award® Nominee for Best Animated Short Film)
- Pixar Shorts: A Short History - John Lasseter, founder and chief creative officer of Pixar and some
of the studio’s other masters of cinematic magic share the secrets and stories behind the short films.
- Audio Commentaries
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-
winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, and most recently, Ratatouille. The Northern California studio has won 20 Academy Awards® and its seven films have grossed more than $4 billion at the worldwide box
office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is WALL•E (June 27, 2008).
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the
marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and
Buena Vista product which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios
Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.
The Adventures of André & Wally B. © 1984 Pixar and Lucasfilm Ltd. Luxo Jr., Red¹s Dream, Tin Toy, Knick
Knack, Geri¹s Game, For The Birds, Boundin¹, One Man Band © Pixar. Mike¹s New Car, Jack-Jack Attack,
Mater and the Ghostlight, Lifted ©Disney/Pixar. Pixar Shorts © 2007 Disney/Pixar