Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! A Tale of Tails
DVD Release: September 23, 2008
Studio: Anchor Bay
Cast: Wubbzy: Gary DeLisle, Widget: Lara Jill Miller, Walden: Carlos Alazraqui
Director: Bob Boyle
BURBANK, May 28, 2008 – “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!,” the multimedia preschool sensation that airs on Nick Jr. in the U.S. and top outlets around the world, is getting ready to conquer home entertainment too. Wubbzy is a fun, lovable, curious little guy who just likes to play, play, play with his friends in the fun and wacky town of Wuzzleburg. It’s the funniest new preschool show that will keep kids laughing and yet provide those wholesome life lessons in a humorous and heartfelt way. Featuring a spectacular lenticular 3-D O-card packaging, “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! is coming to DVD for the first time on September 23 (pre-book August 21). This new 92 minute release, “A Tale of Tails,” is available from Anchor Bay Entertainment for the suggested retail price of $16.98.
Whether he’s riding his tooter-scooter, baking a chocolate doodle-berry cake, or playing a game of kickety kick-ball, Wubbzy just wants to have fun. Together with his best friends Widget and Walden, the three friends work together to solve everyday kid problems, through humor, cooperation and teamwork.
“Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!,” which has been a hit since its premiere on Nick Jr. in August, 2006, currently airs nearly 40 times a week on Nick Jr. and Noggin. The property has also partnered with dozens of high profile licensees, including Fisher Price, Hasbro, Scholastic, Simon & Schuster and Ty Beanie, among many others.. “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!” was created by Bob Boyle and is a Bolder Media, Inc. production in association with Film Roman/Starz Media. Boyle, Susan Miller and Fred Seibert are the executive producers.
DVD extras on “A Tale of Tails” include:
The DVD features six episodes plus two bonus episodes:
- 2 Bonus Episodes
- Bonus music video
- Coloring pages
- Printable activities
- DVD Rom ring toss game
- Birthday party invitations
- Sneak peeks
- A Tale of Tails - Wubbzy feels like an outsider because of his strange curvy tail – the kids think it’s too kooky and won’t play with him and it keeps causing trouble. Is it fair to judge a Wubbzy by his tail?
- Special Delivery - The mailman leaves a package for Walden in Wubbzy’s care. But Wubbzy can’t resist opening it, chaos ensues and Wubbzy needs to think fast!
- Widget’s Wild Ride - Wubbzy is excited about racing in the annual Wuzzleburg Derby. But when Widget gets a look at Wubbzy’s little road-racer, she gets all kinds of great ideas for souping it up.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Fleegle - Wubbzy wants a new pet, so he goes to the Pet Truck Man and gets a strange little animal called a Fleegle. The Pet Truck Man warns him to read the care manual, but Wubbzy thinks he knows better.
- Come Spy with Me - Walden is acting suspicious about something so Wubbzy and Widget decide to spy on him
- What is Walden’s big secret?
- Wubbzy Tells a Whopper - Wubbzy accidentally breaks Widget’s Sandy-sander and, rather than tell her the truth, he concocts a story. The tall tale keeps getting taller until finally Wubbzy must confess.
- Mt. Fizzy-Pop - Old Mt. Fizzy-Pop on Dino Island is bubbling and rumbling and Walden thinks it’s about to erupt! Can Wubbzy and his friends use their ingenuity to stop it before it’s too late?
- Puddle Muddle - Wubbzy is all spruced-up to get his picture taken, but he can’t seem to stay clean. Widget and Walden don’t mind though – if Wubbzy can’t stay mud-free, they’ll just get muddy too.
Check out these Clips! Music Video and Trailer
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates
About Bolder Media
Bolder Media for Boys and Girls is a joint venture formed by veteran producers Susan Miller and Fred Seibert for the development of books, television series, and movies for young boys and girls. Bob Boyle is the creator and executive producer of the series. Susan Miller of Bolder Media and Mixed Media Group and Fred Seibert of Bolder Media and Frederator Studios, are also executive producers on Wow! Wow! Wubbzy.
About Anchor Bay Entertainment
Anchor Bay Entertainment is a division of Starz Media, LLC. Starz Media is a programming production and distribution company operating worldwide. It includes the Film Roman, Anchor Bay Entertainment, and Manga Entertainment brands. Its units create animated and live-action programming -- including theatrical films -- and programming created under contract for other media companies. It distributes that programming, and programming acquired from outside producers, through home video retailers, theaters, broadcasters, ad supported and premium television channels, and Internet and wireless video distributors in the US and internationally. Starz Media (www.starzmedia.com) is an operating unit of Starz, LLC, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation, and is attributed to Liberty Capital Group, a tracking stock group of Liberty Media Corporation.