Gusteauís Ratatouille (French Mediterranean Stew)
A wonderful French countryside classic!
- (1) large eggplant, cubed
- (1/4) to (1/3) cup olive oil
- (1) onion, thinly sliced
- (1) chopped pepper (red or green)
- (2) to (4) crushed garlic cloves
- (4) small zucchini, chopped
- (4) tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (1/3) cup chopped fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
1. Salt the eggplant, drain in a colander for 1 hour, and pat dry. Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan and briefly saute the eggplant until brown, then add the onion and pepper. Next, add the garlic, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cook until a soft stew has formed, about 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Serve over rice in a bowl or on a plate
3. Add the salt, pepper, and basil. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve. You can freeze leftovers.
Note: PDF File
Topics | Food/Cooking | TV/Movies | Ratatouille - The Movie!
Recipes adapted from FamilyFun magazine for Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille What's Cooking? published by Disney Press, and imprint of Disney Book Group. Available wherever books are sold. Visit www.disneybooks.com
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.
© Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc.