Wooden Infant Toys
Wooden Infant Toys Recalled by Habermaass Corp. Due to Choking Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
Name of Product: Wooden Puzzles, Infant Rattles, Pacifier Holders, and Stroller Toys
Units: About 118,000
Manufacturer: Habermaass Corp. Inc., of Skaneateles, N.Y.
Hazard: The wooden rattles, pacifier holders, and stroller toys contain small pieces including glued on mirrors and/or prisms that can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants. The head of the ladybug puzzle pieces also poses a choking hazard.
Incidents/Injuries: Habermaass Corp. has received 15 reports of incidents involving the recalled puzzles, rattles, and pacifier holders including pieces of the rattles detaching and being mouthed by young children.
Description: The puzzles, rattle toys, pacifier holders, and stroller toys are wooden and are described in the chart below. “HABA” is printed on them.
Sold at: Specialty toy stores nationwide and at specialty online retailers from January 2002 through August 2008 for between $10 and $35.
Manufactured in: Germany
Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled puzzles, rattles, pacifier holders and stroller toys away from children and contact Habermaass to receive a free replacement product or a full refund.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Habermaass Corp. at (800) 468-6873 ext. 107 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.HABAusa.com/safety
- Triolino Puzzle: Lady bug puzzle is 7 inches x ½ inch thick
- LUCY Clutching Toy (rattle): Hearts have mirrors and prisms. The rattle is about 4 inches in diameter.
- Little Heart Clutching Toy (rattle): Heart has mirror. The rattle is about 3 ½ inches in diameter.
- Pixie’s World (rattle): 2.5” rattle with mushroom, flower, person and house with mirror.
- Belinda Clutching Toy (rattle): Flower clutching toy has face in the middle. The rattle is about 4 inches in diameter.
- Miro Clutching Toy (rattle): Rattle center contains blue plastic ball with 10 holes. The rattle is about 3 ½ inches in diameter.
- Bunny Pacifier Holder: Pacifier holder is 8.6 inches long with fabric bunny on the end and wooden star with mirror in the middle.
- Bear Pacifier Holder: Pacifier holder is 8.6 inches long with bear at the end and wooden circle with mirror in the middle.
- Bonita (rattle): 2.5” bouquet of four shapes on wooden ring.
- Bella (rattle): 3” diameter with four wooden hearts with two mirrors.
- Pirate Joe (rattle): 4” pirate theme with bell and mirror.
- Rally (rattle): 4” triangle shape with three cars.
- Flori (rattle): Six petal shapes on elastic band. Includes three mirrors & three bells. 5”
- Triola (rattle): 4” triangle with two flowers and round corner.
- Trio (rattle): 4” triangle shape with squeaker, bell and mirror.
- Speedy (rattle): Wooden car about 4.5” L x 3” H. Squeaker in back and mirror on car hood.
- Little Hearts Stroller Toy: 18” pram-chain with ten various size wooden hearts.
- Discovery Balls, Set of 4: Set contains 1 orange, 1 red, 1 blue and one bicolor blue/yellow ball. Red ball contains three small mirrors.
- Discovery Ball with Rattle: Blue/Yellow round wooden ball with small mirror.
To see a picture of the recalled product(s) visit the CPSC's web site.
More Product Recalls
Topics | News