BUFFALO GAMES CELEBRATES 25 YEARS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY Company Committed to “Clean & Green” Manufacturing
Buffalo, NY (January 14, 2011)- (Virtual Press Office) –Buffalo Games, manufacturer and marketer of multiple award-winning party games and jigsaw puzzles, is dedicated to being environmentally friendly. “We believe it is our duty as a manufacturer and our responsibility as a private company employing 80+ people to be on the forefront of sustainability,” said Paul Dedrick, president. “For us, this sense of responsibility has been part of our core principals since we first started Buffalo Games 25 years ago.”
The Western New York based, 85,000 square foot manufacturing facility, which produces millions of puzzles and games annually, operates using environmental initiatives that demonstrate real improvement. When developing a new game, such as the 2011 new party game, Gotcha!, key steps are followed to ensure each it passes the internal ‘clean and green’ test, including:
The environmental initiatives for producing more sustainable puzzles include:
- Package depth and overall materials used have been reduced through reengineered design.
- Shrink film replaced with new security band, using 85% less plastic.
- Product warranty printed on package, thus eliminating extra paper.
- Reducing package thickness by 11% resulting in 38 fewer tons of materials used.
- Producing puzzles and packages from lighter graphic board, a 90% post-consumer product made primarily from recycled newspapers.
- Eliminating polybags in all puzzles.
- Replacing plastic shrink film with a new security band, using 85% less plastic.
- Using U.S.-based source for graphic board saving 3,500 miles of transport and fuel costs.
Other recent sustainability measures undertaken by Buffalo Games include: energy-efficient lighting, which resulted in 72 tons of CO2 reduction and nearly $21,000 in cost savings in 2010; and recycled plastic, which is now used (instead of virgin plastic) to wrap pallets on the production floor.
News | Toy News
Buffalo Games is a multiple award-winning American manufacturer and marketer of party games and adult jigsaw puzzles. New for 2011 is Gotcha!, joining 2010's breakout game Truth Be Told. Additional award-winning party games in the Buffalo Games lineup include Likewise!, The T-Shirt Game, and Last Word. A full line of premium puzzles is also available featuring today's hottest licenses and most fashionable themes, including Coca-Cola®, Harley-Davidson®, Peanuts®, Photomosaics®, Hautman Brothers, Darrell Bush, Art Poulin, Audubon™, Dennis Lewan and more - in piece counts of 300, 500, 750, 1000, 2000 and 4000.Find us at www.buffalogames.com, 800-832-2331 or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/buffalogames.