Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 2
DVD Release Date: November 13, 2012
Run Time: 75 minutes
12 Disney*Pixar Unforgettable Short Films Come Together in One Collection Premiering on Blu-ray and Digital For the Very First Time -- November 13, 2012
Plus Includes 7 Rarely Seen Student Films from Directors John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton and Pete Docter...
From Disney*Pixar, the Award-winning studio behind 'Toy Story,' 'Up' and 'WALL*E,' comes a new collection of short films. Experience the revolutionary animation and unforgettable characters with 12 short films together for the very first time. This must-own collection also features seven rarely screened student films from directors John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, and Pete Docter. Available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital on November 13, "Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 2" will delight audiences of all ages.
Short Films Included Are:
- BURN*E - BURN*E is a dedicated, hard working robot that finds himself locked out of his ship and quickly learns that completing a simple task can often be a difficult endeavor. Based on characters from 'WALL*E.' (Directed by: Angus MacLane)
- Dug's Special Mission - In this funny short based on the character from 'Up,' Dug is sent on a foolish mission by Alpha, Beta and Gamma so that they can hunt for the Bird of Paradise Falls by themselves. Soon Dug discovers that where he belongs is not where he's been looking. (Directed by: Ronnie del Carmen)
- George & AJ - Inspired by Carl's escape, senior citizens around the city unite to make their own "escapes," much to the chagrin of George and A.J., in this short that features characters from 'Up.' (Directed by: Josh Cooley)
- Air Mater - In this hilarious short, Mater decides he wants to learn how to fly and is accidently recruited by an elite group of formation flyers, the Falcon Hawks. (Directed by: Rob Gibbs)
- Time Travel Mater - When a clock lands on Mater's engine, he travels back in time to 1910 where he meets Stanley, the founder of Radiator Springs. (Directed by: Rob Gibbs)
- Your Friend The Rat - 'Ratatouille's' Remy and his brother Emile guide fans through world history from a rat's perspective. (Directed by: Jim Capobianco)
- Partly Cloudy - This humorous short features baby-delivering storks who receive their special packages high in the stratosphere, from clouds who sculpt babies and bring them to life. (Directed by: Peter Sohn)
- Presto - When Presto, a great turn-of-the-century magician, neglects to feed his rabbit one too many times, the magician finds he isn't the only one with a few tricks up his sleeve. (Directed by: Doug Sweetland)
- Day & Night - This short follows Day, a sunny fellow, who encounters Night, a stranger of distinctly dark moods. As their suspicions turn to curiosity, they are delighted to find that this budding friendship can offer a new perspective on the world. (Directed by: Teddy Newton)
- Hawaiian Vacation - Fans will love this "Toy Story Toon," as Woody and Buzz lead a group of toys in giving Ken and Barbie the Hawaiian vacation of their dreams - without ever leaving home. (Directed by: Gary Rydstrom)
- Small Fry - Fans' favorite team of toys is back in this clever "Toy Story Toon." Buzz Lightyear is left behind at a fast food restaurant where he finds himself in a support group for discarded toys. As Woody and the gang devise a way to rescue their friend, Buzz tries to escape the toy psychotherapy meeting. (Directed by: Angus MacLane)
- La Luna - The timeless fable of a young boy coming of age in the most peculiar of circumstances, in which he discovers his Papa's and Grandpa's unusual line of work. (Directed by: Enrico Casarosa)
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-
winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, and most recently, Ratatouille. The Northern California studio has won 20 Academy Awards® and its seven films have grossed more than $4 billion at the worldwide box
office to date. The next film release from Disney*Pixar is WALL•E (June 27, 2008).
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the
marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and
Buena Vista product which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios
Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.
The Adventures of André & Wally B. © 1984 Pixar and Lucasfilm Ltd. Luxo Jr., Red¹s Dream, Tin Toy, Knick
Knack, Geri¹s Game, For The Birds, Boundin¹, One Man Band © Pixar. Mike¹s New Car, Jack-Jack Attack,
Mater and the Ghostlight, Lifted ©Disney/Pixar. Pixar Shorts © 2007 Disney/Pixar